- To develop appropriate services in response to the needs of children and young people.
- To ensure that all services provided are of high quality.
- To support the efforts of individuals and agencies in order to strengthen the voice of users.
- The best place for the majority of children is with their families
- The small minority of children who do need to live away from home deserve carers of the highest standard.The carers need high quality training in order to undertake their work
- Children, young people and families need help and support to develop their voice, so that they may contribute to plans and services, which could affect their lives
- Children need to keep in touch with their roots so that they may develop a resilience that will help them to come to terms with their background and face the future